Wednesday, November 09, 2011

To censor or not to censor? That is the question....


Last night , i went to see David Sedaris speak/read at Laxson Auditorium over at Chico State. He is absolutely brilliant and really made us laugh. It was a great night of giggles with our good friends, Tom and Peg...

I laid in bed last night thinking about the fact that his schtick, is pretty simple. He simply says/writes whatever thoughts come into his mind. Whether that thought is something deep, something shallow, something gross or something profound. It just comes out. And it is funny.


I tend to communicate in a similar manner. Often when preaching or teaching, I wander into unknown verbal territory as I tangent into the realm which my brain has involuntarily opened. This most often results in positive interactions with audiences and people, but can also get me in trouble fom time to time.

The question to consider is when should these avenues of thought and communication be censored and when should they be set free? How should this blog operate? Should it be a place of free thought and communication? Or should I see it more diplomatically? These are the deep things I ponder in the middle of the night....

BTW: my coffee cup has a chip on the side and I don't like to look at it....So I make sure to drink out of the other side of it...

I suppose that I could have censored that...

B

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More